top of page

Questions About Registering & Licensing in Alberta

At Airdrie Registry, our motto is “Get and Keep Those Wheels Turning.” Our company is all about momentum and efficiency. The process of registering your corporation in Alberta or attaining your driver’s licence shouldn’t be intimidating. Let our qualified and friendly staff handle all your concerns. Read our most frequently asked questions. If you didn’t find what you were looking for, give us a call us at the office or fill out our convenient electronic form.


What are your hours of operation?


Business hours:

Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 6:00 PM

Saturday: 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM 

Sunday & Statutory Holidays: Closed


Where are you located?

128 Edmonton Trail NE, Airdrie, Alberta. We are just north of the west side of McDonalds and directly east of the Airdrie water tower.

Do you have to make an appointment to do the learner’s test?


No, you have to have parental consent, a birth certificate and one other piece of government issued ID if you are under 18 years of age. Parents must accompany minors for the initial test. Come in before 4:45 pm on weekdays and 1:45 pm on Saturdays.

Do you need insurance to register or renew vehicle licenses?

Yes, we need proof of current insurance for all vehicle transactions. If registering a vehicle for the first time, you also need an original bill of sale. If the vehicle is brand new, you will need an original NVIS which is provided to you by the dealership.

Do we have a Notary Public or a Commissioner of Oath?

We do not have a Notary. We have a Commissioner of Oaths that pertains to Motor Vehicle transactions only. Please contact us to set up an appointment.

Can you book a road test over the phone?


You cannot book over the phone, you can go online to Alberta Driver Examiner or come into the office to book the road test.

What do I need to get an In Transit Permit?

We need a copy of insurance and description of the vehicle if staying in Alberta. If travelling outside Alberta, we require insurance and proof of ownership.

Can you register a boat here?

Unfortunately, we are unable to register your boat at this location.

I will be an Alberta Resident. What do I need in order to obtain an Alberta driver's license?

You must bring in:

  Your current driver's license

  Proof of legal presence (via a birth certificate, immigration documents, PR card, etc.)

   Proof that you reside in Alberta (bank statements, credit card statements and cell phone bills must be mailed to you because electronic copies of these documents cannot be accepted. Documents must be dated within 90 days with current Alberta address.)

My Bill of Sale is in my wife's name. Can I register the vehicle for her?

We require an Alberta government authorization for vehicle services form in order to process this transaction. You can obtain this document from us. You can pick it up, or we can email or fax it to you. You must have your spouse fill out the form prior to coming in to register the vehicle. The completed form must be an original or faxed/emailed directly from the party to our office.

My Bill of Sale is in 2 names. Can I register or transfer the plate without the other party with me?

No, you must obtain an Alberta government authorization for vehicle services form from the party not present in order to process this transaction. The form must be original or faxed/emailed directly from the other party to our office.

I need information on the Advanced Road Test

The Advanced Road Test is an on-road examination that requires new drivers to demonstrate safe driving skills and responsible decision-making under challenging conditions. New drivers will be required to show that they have mastered these skills to obtain a full-privilege operator’s license. New drivers choosing not to take the Advanced Road Test will remain in the Graduated Driver Licensing (GDL) program and may continue to drive alone subject to all GDL conditions.

To be eligible for the test, GDL probationary drivers must:

  spend a minimum of 2 years in the GDL probationary stage

  be suspension free for 12 consecutive months just prior to taking the test

New drivers are strongly encouraged to obtain a minimum of 60 hours of driving experience before applying for the Advanced Road Test. They will need to display advanced driving skills, responsible decision-making and proactive driving behaviour during the practical examination.

Can you renew a driver’s licence or identification (ID) card online?


Yes, you can renew a driver’s licence and identification (ID) card online though your MyAlberta Digital ID. Renew your driver’s license or identification (ID) card here.



Visit our services page to learn about what we can do for you.


bottom of page